Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Product Infrastructure at Gusto is a small but growing engineering team that empowers the 100+ engineers at Gusto. Gusto product engineers move tens of billions of our customers’ dollars every year and the Product Infrastructure team helps them work quickly, securely, and enjoyably. Infrastructure contains many disciplines and you can focus on the one(s) that best fit you. Your teammates will have complimentary skills and you’ll teach and learn from each other.
Product Infrastructure builds our continuous integration, artifact building, and deployment mechanisms. We support Gusto engineers at every step of the software lifecycle. You’ll work on (and learn) static analysis and linting, automated test suite management, online database migration, deployment, monitoring, and anything else your team builds for product developers.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Ensure our services communicate with each other seamlessly, have minimal downtime, and recover quickly.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team on coming up with best practices for writing, maintaining and running reliable services.
- Improve our infrastructure setup and deployment strategies.
- Impact the productivity and happiness of our entire team with the tools you build. You'll be the daily recipient of hugs and high-fives from our engineering and support teams.
- Collaborate with the tools development team to improve our deploy pipeline.
- Pager-duty rotation: Never fear! Most issues occur during work hours.
- Work with our product engineering teams to ensure high performance of our services.
What You Bring - Experience
- 8+ years of experience in a Platform or SRE role using a Ruby/Chef/AWS stack or similar technologies
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain secure infrastructure, CI systems, service oriented applications, and more
What You Have - Skill
- Enjoys working and deploying technologies such as Chef, AWS, Ruby, Rails, MySql, and Redis
- Loves building tools enabling engineers to move faster, while maintaining security
- Always have a background process running in your brain asking: "How can I automate this?"
- Understands the importance of security and compliance when working with personal data
- Tests infrastructure changes thoroughly and like to double and triple check everything
Learn more about the team:
Gusto is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.