At Gusto, we serve 60,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software suite, which allows them to move faster and gives them peace of mind about back-office tasks in their business. Our Product Engineering teams build this suite of software, each focused on a different slice of the pie: Payroll, Benefits, and HR.
We’re hiring engineers to join these teams and work on customer-facing products, developing features and iterating across our platform to help define the customer journey at Gusto. Our main goal in these teams is to keep our customers happy and to deliver a consistently great experience across all of our products.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers with 4+ years of experience. Our engineers own projects from end-to-end by influencing initial feature specs, building backend APIs, writing frontend code, and overseeing ongoing improvements for deployed features. If you’re interested in building elegant software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy, join us!
What You’ll Do - Function
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine Gusto’s product suite
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
What You Bring - Experience
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Successful track record building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
What You Have - Skill
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in complex product development problems -- we use Rails & React, but you don’t have to know them
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
Learn more about the team:
Gusto is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.