The Bluescape engineering team is welcoming a Senior Backend API Engineer interested in building cutting edge, high performance, real-time experiences for our clients to join our team.
In this role, you will be helping reimagine the way companies collaborate in real-time with a technology stack that includes Node.js, WebSockets, MongoDB with a ZMQ based asynchronous queue deployed in AWS. As a Backend API Engineer you will be a key member of the Bluescape engineering team and play a central role in building REST API on Node.js. We work with both real-time websockets and REST, so we have some interesting challenges that you won’t see in a pure RESTful environment. We are looking for a self starter with good communication skills and who can hit the ground running.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Join a team of smart people who’re having fun building the next generation collaboration platform. Yes, that’s really what you’re going to do.
What You Bring - Experience
- 5-10 years experience building back-end web services
- Experience in the implementation of the full API lifecycle including: design, documentation and development
- Familiarity with cloud native-architectures , microservices, containerization, serverless, etc.
- Experience with OAuth, JWT and can talk about the difference between 3-legged OAuth and 2-legged OAuth
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
What You Have - Skills & Strengths
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent to demonstrate your skills and technical acumen
- Excitement about microservices, containerization, serverless technologies, the opportunities here and beyond
- An attentiveness to detail and appreciation for nuance
- A consistent track record of delivering high quality, scalable products
- A keen desire to engage, collaborate, listen, learn, and grow your team with you
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and non; that is: perception and understanding
- Experience with WebSockets, ZMQ, MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience building REST API on Express
- You have a public GitHub account with code samples
Bluescape has partnered with Terminal to grow and scale our teams in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.