Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We use technology, data, and design to:
- Build more affordable products,
- Deliver them to more people, and
- Engage through more human experiences.
As a Software Engineer at Earnest you’ll build the software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. In addition to the $3+ billion in loans actively serviced, we build tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. Our focus is on building an extensible, modern platform that allows us to move faster over time. This means a willingness to rethink domains from first principles and an ability to collaborate well across technical and non-technical teams. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
On the server side, we use Node.js. On the client-side we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for everything else. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
- Integrate data science and machine learning models to automate loan decisions
- Integrate against third-party APIs to gather and analyze additional data
- Launching new product lines and other lines of credit
- Integration with strategic business partners
- Accelerate funding of loans
We use Node.js and Docker to implement almost all our projects with a touch of React or Angular for UI work.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with server-side concepts, e.g. microservices, database, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability
- Extensive experience with Node.js preferred
- Professional experience in React/Redux desirable
- Work experience with databases such as PostgresSQL
- Domain experience developing software for Fintech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.