Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. Our on-demand QA solution improves the customer experience by enabling development teams to discover significantly more problems before code hits production. Hundreds of companies including Adobe, Oracle and Solarwinds use Rainforest to automate their QA testing process and easily integrate it with their development workflow via a simple API. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
Learn more about Rainforest QA by visiting our LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, and Facebook pages.
As a DevOps Engineer at Rainforest you'll be working with more than 100 Linux servers running over a thousand VMs as well as our cloud infrastructure. A wide variety of tasks related to the operation of these VMs is to be expected. Efficient scaling as we grow is a top priority and we believe that development is not to be separated from operations; you will be writing code and working alongside developers to achieve these goals.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Troubleshoot problems in our VMs while working closely with our customers and crowdsourcing support teams
- Operations for more than 100 servers hosting 1000+ VMs
- Scale our infrastructure and increase efficiency
- Manage administration of our cloud infrastructure
- Database management
- Work both independently and within our distributed engineering team
What You Bring - Experience
- 3+ years of Unix system administration experience
- Experience with virtualization this is a must have
- Scripting/programming skills
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/etc)
- A good understanding of computer network protocols
- Comfort with both cloud computing and bare metal servers
- Experience working successfully both independently and with teams
Our Technology Stack - Skill
- Ruby, Rails, Elixir
- Redis, Postgres
Rainforest QA is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.