At Earnin, we’re making money work in a way that’s good for everyone. We’re driving consumer-empowered finance by unlocking the more than $1 trillion held up in pay cycles each year. We’re putting that money into workers’ hands using a streamlined mobile app that allows people to get paid when they want. We’re creating a future based on what’s possible rather than the way it’s always been done.
Our team is bound together by a desire to level the financial playing field. Our investors, Andreessen Horowitz, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures, Matrix Partners and March Capital believe we will change the world.
About the Team:
Since Earnin is a mobile only application, the mobile engineering team’s job is to develop new features and support our best in class iOS and Android applications. We work closely with the product, marketing, server engineering, and customer support teams to create new product experiences for our customers.
Our goal is to provide our customers with a solid mobile experience that helps them gain access to their money easily and understand quickly any problems or issues that may arise on their account. Engineers joining the mobile team must have a solid focus on user experience as well as understand mobile specific issues ranging from network usage to battery life. The mobile engineering team is the most customer facing group and has a big impact on the customer’s impression of our company.
What sets us apart:
- We care more about the thought process, perseverance, tenacity in solving really difficult problems (rather than checking off all the technology boxes)
- Solving unique problems in the financial payments industry
What You’ll Do - Function
- Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features
- Design and implement new api’s with our server engineering team to communicate with the mobile applications
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customers
What You Bring - Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years developing and shipping an Android application
- Experience writing flexible layouts for different screen sizes/densities
What You Have - Skill
- Fluency in the Java programming language / specifically on the Android platform
- Understanding of Android Studio
- General CS background, understand basic algorithms as well as comprehension of mobile specific problems like network usage and battery consumption
- Comprehension and experience with client/server architectures
Earnin is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.