About the Team
At Earnin, we’re making money work in a way that’s good for everyone. We’re driving consumer-empowered finance by unlocking the more than $1 trillion held up in pay cycles each year. We’re putting that money into workers’ hands using a streamlined mobile app that allows people to get paid when they want. We’re creating a future based on what’s possible rather than the way it’s always been done.
Our team is bound together by a desire to level the financial playing field. Our investors, Andreessen Horowitz, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures, Matrix Partners and March Capital believe we will change the world.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Full Stack Software Engineer to contribute to design and development of our backend services and websites. Working closely with a small team, the ideal candidate will make impactful decisions on the future of Earnin.
What sets us apart:
- Solving unique scalability challenges in a challenging and difficult environment.
- We’re genuinely building a product that helps people not get taken advantage of.
- High impact roles at a relatively small company that’s aggressively growing our user base.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements. These features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Design a solution with other engineers to fix a scalability problem and then implement it.
- Work cross functionally with other teams (product, marketing, analytics).
- Leverage a broad skillset and help us implement and learn new technologies quickly.
- Help shape our next generation platform.
- Own and drive development and delivery of key product features.
- Provide and receive design and implementation evaluations and improve per iteration.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a bias towards action and results.
What You Bring - Experience
- Bachelor's, Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Significant production coding experience
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experienced in using build tools and source code repository tools such as GIT, GitHub, Pull Request review, and Gitflow branch strategies
- Well experienced in developing and executing functional and integration tests
- Understanding of server-side languages
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
Earnin is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.