Tally is the first app to unbundle the credit card, putting power back into the hands of consumers. With Tally, consumers can use their credit cards without the unfair APRs, costly fees, and hassle of managing multiple cards. We are building a mobile product with immediate and tangible financial gains for our users. While being simple and seamless for the consumer, Tally is built on cutting-edge and complex technology that hasn’t been seen before.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you'll enable and participate in cross-team efforts, owning a broad scope of systems and APIs that power Tally's business. You'll write clean and testable code; be a champion for effective and secure software development practices.
What You’ll Do - Function
- You can build robust, scalable systems from scratch and collaborate well with other software engineers in diagnosing, fixing, and preventing production issues
- You understand product requirements beyond the written word and take pride in building resilient and maintainable solutions to support a rapidly evolving product
- You enjoy designing APIs and the backend systems that implement them
- You embrace distributed, reactive systems and are comfortable learning new languages and frameworks
- You are comfortable building and deploying systems in a Linux-based environment
- You have a healthy appreciation of security principles and work hard to protect consumer data
- You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends and you constantly challenge yourself and your team for continuous improvement
- You are comfortable working with different datastores: relational, key-value, document-based
What You Bring - Experience
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 5+ years of general software programming experience
- Experience with Scala and the Lightbend/Typesafe technology stack is a plus
- Understanding of event-driven microservices architectures and RPC patterns is a plus
What You Have - Skill
- Our technology stack leverages Scala as our platform to build highly available and responsive services to make credit card automation look simple.
- Core Technologies:
- Slick, Postgres
- AWS (DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3)
Tally is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.