Fluxx has a mind for technology and a heart for philanthropy. Our secure cloud-based platform makes collaboration, clarity, and organization of data effortless. Your grantmaking organization can dramatically shorten its processes and make more strategic decisions with Fluxx. Take your grantmaking to new heights with Fluxx’s robust automation, key integrations, and versatile reporting for grants, investments, employee giving, contracts, and more.
Fluxx is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to facilitate implementing and enforcing policies and processes to ensure a high level of availability and quality of service for Fluxx’s applications, both internal and external. You will ensure highest availability of the platform and its core services to aid Fluxx’s vision to become THE company that changes Philanthropy forever.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Participate in the evolution of existing Fluxx tools and processes to support provisioning AWS
- infrastructure and deploying new code
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems. Utilize monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-ˇhealing on the AWS platform
- Script / automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability
- Debug incidents, escalate and follow through until resolution has been achieved
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
- Partner with other teams to share tools, expertise, and create effective solutions
- Manage and maintain backups and disaster recovery plans
- Manage and enforce security best practices to secure client data
- Investigate and implement tools to monitor and assist with meeting client SLAs
What You Bring - Experience
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration tools (5+ years)
- such as Jenkins, configuration management with Git, Chef or Puppet, systems monitoring and alerting with tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Graphite
- Experience with provisioning and deploying SAAS-based applications in AWS
- Startup or fast growing company experience is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux (5+ years)
- Experience with MySQL (3+ years)
- Experience running search indexes (Lucene, ElasticSearch) at scale a plus
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
What You Have - Skill
- Strong scripting/Automating skills using any of the following languages: Python, Ruby etc. (5+ years)
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions
- Proficiency with NoSQL systems, preferably Redis (1+ years)
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering Unix systems, dealing with networking issues, setting up databases, and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems
Fluxx is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.