Urbandoor is the trusted way to find and experience serviced apartments. Urbandoor’s technology platform enables apartment owners and corporate housing providers to easily offer and operate serviced apartments for business travel, relocation and project work. We make it as easy to book a serviced apartment as it is to book a hotel or vacation rental.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our team at Urbandoor. You’ll work on a variety of mission-critical systems, all essential to our service: our transaction engine, data feeds, integrations with multiple consumer and enterprise services, and much more! You will be part of a small, high-caliber team of motivated engineers who enjoy learning and teaching the latest technologies.
We use a lightweight agile methodology, continuous delivery, automated deployment and rigorous testing in our development methodology. Familiarity with these concepts is a requirement. We love metrics and we continuously iterate and measure to understand what works and what doesn’t.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Collaborate with product managers and with front-end teams to deliver holistic, end-to-end features
- Design and implement reliable, high-performance back-end services
- Design and implement unit and integration tests code for robustness and performance
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What You Bring - Experience
- The ideal candidate for this role will have solid experience developing mission-critical, scalable backend services.
- You will be involved in the operability of our 24/7 service.
What You Have - Skill
- 5 - 7 years experience with at least one high-level functional or object-oriented language such as Ruby.
- Nice to have: Python or Java.
- 5+ years experience with SQL or an Object Relational Mapping Framework
- Experience working with REST APIs and JSON
- A solid understand of APIs, abstraction and software architecture
Urbandoor is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.